English schools in Latin America
Our school of 1426 students in pre-school through twelfth grade is the only U.S. accredited school in Guadalajara, the second largest city of Mexico, with a population of almost six million. We are also one of four schools in Mexico sponsored officially by the U.S. Department of State's Office of Overseas Schools.
We recruit our credentialed English language faculty from the U.S. and from other overseas American Schools worldwide to give our students the best education available from experienced U.S. trained teachers.
Our native Spanish teachers are among the most experienced in Mexico and many have received bilingual and bicultural professional development courses and degrees from the U.S. Because of competitive salaries and the attractive ambiance of life in Guadalajara, our U.S. teachers serve here much longer than the typical two year overseas assignment, so the school staff experiences below average turnover of staff.
The American School Foundation of Guadalajara is a bicultural Institution that:
- is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) at all levels and is incorporated with Universidad Nacional Autonoma de México (UNAM) and/or the Secretaría de Educación Pública (SEP), depending upon the grade level.
- is recognized by the U.S. Department of State of Overseas Schools *offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, and Spanish.
- offers classes from Nursery through High School, taught by certified and trained U.S. teachers.
- has the best English library in Guadalajara and the second largest collection of books published in English among the private schools in Mexico.
- is second among American Schools in Mexico to receive scholarships granted to students by U.S. universities.
- has the necessary facilities (2 libraries, 4 computer labs, multipurpose gymnasium, semi-Olympic size swimming pool, soccer field, multi-use courts, etc.), to enable it to offer activities during and after the school day that help provide a complete education. Some examples are: music, band, choir, art, photography, swimming, soccer, basketball, volleyball, dance team.