English schools in Latin America
Escuela Campo Alegre is a private non-profit English language school, designed primarily to serve the needs of the children from ages 3-18 of its shareholding members. The school was established in 1937 to provide a North American education in Venezuela. The original school began with 12 students in an area of the city called Campo Alegre. The school moved to its present location in the Las Mercedes section of Caracas in 1948.
Throughout its history, the school has provided innovative education, which focuses on individual student needs. The school provides the most up-to-date educational methodology and technology with those practices that best support student learning. ECA is recognized internationally as an outstanding Nursery-12th grade school.
ECA seeks to inspire its students toward the highest standards and expectations through a stimulating and comprehensive program of intellectual and personal development. In an international environment, the school emphasizes academic achievement, athletic, recreational and multicultural opportunities designed to prepare students for university studies and the unique challenges of the future as a global citizen.
- Fully equipped modern library and media center
- Technology centers for each division
- Separate art, music and drama centers for each division
- 630-seat professional theater
- Two gymnasiums; one with climbing wall and weight room
- An Astroturf sports field
- Three basketball / volleyball courts, one of which is equipped for roller hockey
- Two tennis courts and viewing space
- Grade level Science labs in middle school
- Science laboratories for every division
- Specially designed early childhood building
- Internet-connected computers in every classroom
- Wireless connections throughout the school
- Four wireless Mobile Labs
- Cafeteria for elementary through high school
- Swimming pool with large viewing gallery
- Bus fleet provides door to door service throughout the residential areas in the eastern part of Caracas