English schools in Korea
Chungnam National University, with its proud history of 56 years and its motto, “Creativity, Development, and Service to the community,” is one of the most prestigious centers of higher education in the nation. In recent years, CNU has been making giant leaps in each and every academic field in order to join the ranks of the 100 most outstanding universities in the world.
Geographically situated in the central region of the Korean peninsula, CNU enjoys the best possible environment for excellence in research and education thanks to the presence of high caliber organizations such as the Daedeok R&D Special District, the Multifunctional Administrative City, the Daejeon Government Complex, and the Headquarters of the Korean Army, Air Force, and Navy.
CNU, a major national university in Korea, is about to start a new beginning. Our University’s distinctive and proud heritage over the past 56 years, the continuous supports and interest from the community, the generosity of 150,000 alumni and friends, and the ceaseless endeavors of the faculty and staff members of CNU will be powerful driving force to put CNU at the forefront of higher education -not only domestically - but internationally as well.
Front Runner in globalization:
- 95 sister institutions in 27 countries in the world
- Dual degree programs with Bloomfield College, Illinois Institute of Technology, Shandong College in China, and State University of New York, Stonybrook
- Each year, more than 30 students selected as exchange students for overseas learning and travel
- Selected as the only English-lecture university among the National Universities in 2005
- Residence Halls proclaimed as ”English Zones
- Exchange student system: sending more than 20 students to the foreign sister universities in the US, France, Germany, etc.
- Short-term foreign language course: annually enrolling more than 500 students
- Students sponsored to study abroad for their major: sending students abroad in the areas of IT, BT, and NT and in foreign languages such as Chinese and Japanese
- Foreign culture experience and service activities