Learn to TEACH English with TECHNOLOGY. Free course for American TESOL students.

TESOL certification course online recognized by TESL Canada & ACTDEC UK.

Visit Driven Coffee Fundraising for unique school fundraising ideas.

Texas ISD School Guide
Texas ISD School Guide

Travel, Teach, Live in Japan

Mandatory Round Trip Ticket???
By:Timothy Neal <tsneds@yahoo.com>

First of all,I am currently in China and will be travelling to Tokyo from here.

I have received the book "Ganbatte Means Go For It!" written in 2002 by Celeste Heiter and in it she states "Round trip airfare is recommended because you may not be allowed entry into Japan on a 90-day landing permit (tourist visa)with a one way plane ticket. Unless you manage to procure awork visa before moving to Japan,you'll have to start out with a tourist visa and upgrade to a work visa once you've found a job,and you will have to travel to a Japanese Consulate or Embassy outside Japan to get it. A good suggestion is to buy a round trip ticket to Seoul,with an extended stopover in Tokyo. Once you've found a job,use the Tokyo-Seoul-Tokyo segment of the ticket to go to South Korea to get you work visa."

Is this till accurate in 2006?

Thanks for your help


Go to another board -