International ESL Jobs
Date: 31 January 2019
Colegio Anglo Prudente, one of the state of Sao Paulo's most renowned private high schools, is looking for qualified ESL teachers.
Salary is $3,500 Brazilian reais per month (three times what most ESL teachers make in Brazil). Living costs in the region are substantially lower than in major cities of Brazil (such as Center of Sao Paulo, Rio, etc.), so this salary is enough to live comfortably and travel on breaks. The school also would pay for health insurance and inbound/outbound flights.
- Candidate needs to be American
- Candidate needs to be friendly, presentable, high energy, and good with kids
- Candidate needs to have a four year degree at an accredited university (though degree could be in any subject)
- Candidate needs to have at least intermediate Portuguese or Spanish... Spanish is similar to Portuguese, so individuals knowledgeable in Spanish typically learn Portuguese much faster
- Experience teaching ESL or an ESL certificate
- Strong desire to learn another language (specifically Portuguese)
The job would involve teaching mainly adolescents and adults, but also children.