International ESL Jobs
Date: 14 February 2018
Speak Smile is an innovative and forward-looking language services company based in the high quality-of-life town of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Basque Country. Northern Spain). We are a team of professionals with long experience in providing language courses to locally based international companies, which is still our main activity.
It is our aim to provide companies with the sort of courses that meet their language needs. For that reason, our language courses are specifically focused on the kind of language skills that employees need to use in their workplace. Therefore, our courses' learning objectives are set according to an initial needs analysis, which pays special attention to the students' professional profile. Our classes' quality is ensured through a thorough selection process, teachers' workshops and class observations.
We are looking for:
a qualified experienced English teacher with experience in coordination tasks for a full-time TEFL position (25 hours per week: 10 hours of coordination + 15 hours of classes) starting within the next month.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
• Have at least five years experience in teaching.
• Have at least one year experience in coordination.
• Be familiar with the communicative EFL methodology and classroom management methods
• Be a fluent Spanish speaker
• Hold a university degree as well as a TEFL qualification such as CELTA or similar
• Hold a valid driving license (as the post involves travelling to companies)
• Be an EU citizen or have an EU work permit.
• Experience in teaching ESP or exam preparation classes will be valued
• Willing to commit to a full academic year at least.
Dynamic, creative, autonomous, up-to-date, responsible, punctual, organized, sociable, flexible, communicative, creative, outgoing, active and proactive teachers are preferred.
The position involves two roles:
• Teaching around 15 hours a week from Monday to Friday, either in our centre or in companies. The lessons are held between 7:00am and 9:00pm (often with relatively long breaks between lessons), according to a timetable provided at the beginning of each course.
• Coordinating a team of about 7-8 ESL teachers in terms of materials, reports, recruitment, etc.