International ESL Jobs
Date: 6 March 2017
The Edge Learning Center is an educational services company that provides a full spectrum of premium educational services to students, schools, and corporations. The company's three departments - Academic Tutoring, Test Preparation and Admissions Consulting - cater to a variety of different clients, and offer services ranging from Test Preparation to Curriculum Development.
Based in Singapore, The Edge Learning Center is looking for the head of Academics. reports to the Center Manager and the Operation Director and is primarily responsible for ensuring that student receive exceptional service and training and ensuring the teaching quality of all instructors.
• Arranging with HR on all new hire teacher on-boarding, training, and ramp-up (includes participating in initial training, watching and providing feedback for teachbacks, private mentoring, follow up training)
• Monitoring quality control of all instructors teaching (AT& TP) in all Hong Kong centres
• Maintaining quality control of all instructors teaching (AT& TP) in all Hong Kong centres
• Providing guidance and mentorship for the whole teaching team
• Communicating with the heads of each teaching department (i.e. the head of Test preparations, the head of Sciences) effectively to improve whole teaching team’s performance and products and to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Facilitating communication between whole teaching team and other departments (e.g. Development, Operations, Marketing, Sales)
• Delivering seminars to the public to promote the products and teachers
• Hitting revenue and net profit margin budget for whole academic teaching team set by Director of Operations
• Top 50 US ranked University graduates
• At least 4 years teaching experience in Asia
• Intimate and detailed knowledge of all products
• Willingness and ability to endorse and promote our products, strategies, and methodologies effectively both internally and externally
• Excellent public speaking, organizational, mentoring, training and management skills
• Pro-active and self-motivating approach to the job
• Focus on problem-solving: both immediate and systemic
• Ability to build rapport and respect with the full teaching team.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a timely fashion within the teaching team and with other departments
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Computer literate