International ESL Jobs
Date: 20 April 2017
We are looking for:
native qualified English teachers for a full-time (around 25 hours per week) TEFL position starting in September 2017. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
• Have one year experience and be familiar with the communicative EFL methodology and classroom management methods
• Hold a university degree as well as a TEFL qualification such as CELTA or similar
• Hold a valid driving license and own a private car (as the post involves travelling to companies)
• Be an EU citizen or have an EU work permit.
• Experience in teaching ESP or exam preparation classes will be valued
• Willing to commit to a full academic year at least
Dynamic, creative, autonomous, up-to-date, responsible, punctual, organized, sociable, flexible, communicative, creative, outgoing, active and proactive teachers are preferred.
The position involves teaching around 25 hours a week (4 to 7 hours a day) from Monday to Friday, either in our centre or in companies. The lessons are held between 7:00am and 9:00pm (often with relatively long breaks between lessons), according to a timetable provided at the beginning of each course.
An important part of teachers’ job is, along with the Director of Studies, to decide on the learning objectives, choose the right materials and plan the contents of the course.
Teachers also have to keep a record of students’ attendance and progress by means of an online attendace record system and progress reports.
Teachers are employed under a Spanish legal contract (contrato fín de obra), ending in either June or July 2018, depending on specific courses’ calendars.
These are the conditions:
• Payment: Gross pay per teaching hour: 14,00 euros (including holidays). The monthly pay is made on the FIRST DAY of each month (e.g. the pay for May will be given on the 1st of June)
• Taxes: Tax and Social Security deductions around 8%
• Holidays: Courses’ calendars are provided as soon as we receive them from our customers
• Notice period for voluntary termination: 30 days