International ESL Jobs
Date: 10 August 2015
Recruitment for English Language Teacher
Information of the school and job description: English Language Teacher
Job description: The English teacher will be working with the students aged between 3 and 12 years old. The teacher will be responsible for the students’ development in English language as well as cognitive development and attitude development.
Aims and tasks:
1. Able to instruct English language teaching classes.
2. Able to design lessons and activities that align with the Thai national curriculum.
3. Able to participate and cooperate as well as prepare activities for school activities such as mother’s day, X’mas, etc.
4. Able to help the slow learners with the school extra activities for slow learners.
5. Able to handle 30 student classes.
6. Passionate about teaching and striving for an improvement in teaching career.
Working hours: Mondays-Fridays from 8.00 A.M. – 4.00 P.M.
Duration of service: 6-12 months. According to the school year of the private school in Thailand, there are two semesters. The first semester starts from May – September and the second semester starts from November-March.
1. Preferred age between 22-35 years old (flexible).
2. There is no preference for gender (however, the teacher may be teaching kindergarteners. He/she must be able to take care of the young learners).
3. At least Bachelor’s degree (preferably educational field).
4. Other seminar, workshop certificates are appreciated.
Accommodation and benefits:
1. The school will help the teacher find the accommodation; however, the teacher will be responsible for the rental fee. The accommodation rental rate will be around 3,000-4,500 per month (rates may vary depending on preferences). The accommodation is usually equipped with wifi, laundry service, and resides in an area that is easy to travel to the school and markets.
2. The starting salary is 35,000 baht/month.
3. The school will help with visa processes and pay for work permit and 1 year visa.
4. The teacher will have 2 weeks holiday during Songkran festival (with pay).
5. The school will provide Thai breakfast and lunch from Mondays-Fridays (Thai food).
6. The school is located about 3 kilometers away from the market. There’s public transportation every 30 minutes.
About Napatsornnatthanon School:
Napatsornnatthanon School has been operating for 3 years. The school offers 3 programs, the gifted program, the English program, and the regular program serving the need and preference of each student. It is considered as a small school with 500 students.
There are about 40 teachers and staff in Napatsornnatthanon School, while most of them are Thai and only 3 are foreigners. Most of the staff know one another, while some of the Thai teachers can communicate in English.
The school vision is to share the Thai culture and explore the foreign cultures, be a good citizen, creative, competent at language and literacy, and outstand in technology.