International ESL Jobs
Date: 22 July 2015
OPPORTUNITY FOR THOSE WITH A PASSION FOR TEACHING, LEARNING AND THE DESIRE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!
- IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS YOU TEACH, THIS IS IT!
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL has an opening for a DYNAMIC English Teacher who relishes the rare opportunity of not only teaching, but also in running and helping to build up an English school. Located in Morioka, the capital city of Iwate prefecture, FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is part of the Active English Academy group which has been serving the communities of 3 cities where our schools are located for the past 22 years. Our staff teaches at kindergartens, elementary schools, junior high schools, a prefectural college and private businesses in addition to our own language schools. Our group of schools include an international kindergarten in Morioka.
Morioka is a city of about 350,000 in central Iwate. It is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to the major cities located to the north and south. (Tokyo is 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train. The nearest ski resort is only a 40-minute drive while the nearest coastal area is an hour and a half to the east.
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is the place for the selfless, dedicated professional with strong leadership, organization, communication and teamwork skills. It is a place for a teacher who is truly kind, loyal and single-minded about leaving the school and students a better place than when he/she first arrives. As life in the countryside can be more challenging in some ways than that of the city, Morioka is a place only for those who are independent and who genuinely seek a more peaceful, greener and quieter lifestyle. It is where you will experience a more “real” Japan. This position is NOT for those who may have issues with communication, major or lingering homesickness, nor those who are shy or self-serving.
The successful applicant will be joining a dedicated group of teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. University degree (Education degrees preferred)
2. Native English speakers ONLY
3. Teaching experience and some Japanese language ability are highly preferable
4. Happy, energetic, positive and confident with a great sense of humor – We like to laugh!
5. Fantastic people skills: Ready smiles, approachable, good at problem-solving, maturity,
responsible and have great communication skills
6. Must be able to teach and relate very well to children but also enjoy the challenge of
7. Strong work ethics: Honest, Conscientious, Resilient, Nurturing with an abundance of
Initiative and Creative Energy. A Self-starter and Leader who likes to keep busy and be
productive! Passionate about making a Positive Impact in & out of the classroom and
imparting Wholesome, Solid Values to students.
Must also be Meticulous in management and organization.
8. Must be compassionate and enjoy working independently in a multi-cultural environment
9. Preference for living in a smaller city and being closer to nature and all the wonderful things it offers.
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary starting from 250,000yen per month
2. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per school year. Maybe less if joining mid-year.
3. Fully furnished accommodation (single occupancy) with all the rental set-up fees paid
by the school
4. Visa sponsorship
5. Good school family
6. Green surrounds in a cosy, historic town
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences August ~ September 2015
2. Duration: 1 year. Contract renewal possible with pay increase, etc.
3. In-class teaching hours: 24~32 / week
4. Teaching children to adults. Never a dull moment!
5. Freedom to create approved supplementary materials to complement textbooks and
curricula in class, if teacher so wishes
6. Administrative and PR work
* * CONTACT:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (*Big emails may have difficulty getting through. Please send application in installments if this is the case.)
Your application needs to include:
(1) a cover letter, (state your teaching philosophy, approach and personal background including interests)
(2) an updated resume
(3) a copy of your university degree and university transcripts
(4) a photo (full length, taken within the last 6 months)
(5) a copy of your passport as proof of nationality
**Incomplete applications may not be reviewed. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone or email. Please check Inbox for
notification. In some cases, notification may inadvertently end up in the Junk Folder.