International ESL Jobs
Date: 11 June 2014
We are currently hiring for teachers to begin teaching teaching ASAP for this academic year (academic year runs until end of February or March 2015).
Available Subject Positions:
Prathom Thani (1 position): Teaching at a public secondary school in Prathum Thani near Rangsit University (access from Victory Monument by a/c bus with no transfers). The position is for teaching 2 classes of grade 9 English Literature/Grammar for 5hr/week/class (10 hours total) and 2 classes of grade 10 English Literature/Grammar for 5hrs/week/class (10 hours total). Total teaching load is 20 hours per week.
Prathum Thani (1 position): Teaching at a public secondary school in Prathum Thani near Rangsit University (access by a/c bus from Victory monument). The position is for teaching 2 classes of grade 8 integrated science for 5hrs/week/class (10 hours total) and 1 class of grade 11 Chemistry for 5hrs/week/class (5 hours total). The teacher will also teach 2 hours of "English Through Science" (i.e. Discovery Channel/Nat Geo) per week to 1 grade 11 class. Total teaching load is 17 hours per week.
Prathum Thani (1 position): Teaching at a public secondary school in Prathum Thani near Rangsit University (access by a/c bus from Victory monument). The position is for teaching 2 classes of grade 9 integrated science for 5hrs/week/class (10 hours total) and 1 class of grade 12 Physics for 5hrs/week/class (5 hours total). The teacher will also teach 2 hours of "English Through Science" (i.e. Discovery Channel/Nat Geo) per week to 1 grade 12 class. Total teaching load is 17 hours per week.
Bangkok (1 position): Teaching at a private all-girl Catholic secondary school in Bangkok (Sala Daeng BTS). The position is for teaching 2 classes of grade 9 Integrated Science for 5hrs/week/class (10 hours total) and 1 class of grade 9 English Literature/Grammar for 5hrs/week/class (5 hours total). Total teaching load is 15 hours per week.
• 39,000 baht salary per month plus 500 baht per hour over 80 teaching hours/monthly.
• 12 month academic year contract that can be extended for additional years and additional benefits.
*No unpaid months or reduced pay due to school holidays or reduced teaching hours
• Monthly supplemental attendance bonus of 750 baht per month.
• End of Contract bonus up to 30,000 baht.
• Guaranteed yearly 3% cost of living pay increase minimum.
• BUPA medical insurance paid.
• BUPA dental insurance paid.
• 1-2 weeks paid vacation (additional week for additional years of employment up to 4 weeks).
• All Thai government holidays off with pay (13-15 days annually)
*These are mandatory government holidays in addition to the paid vacation.
• 2-4 Paid personal/sick days (unused personal days reimbursed at 500 baht per day at end of contract).
• Assistance in obtaining a Non-B visa (Teacher must provide proper documentation-Original degree/TEFL).
• Visa extension, work permit, and teacher’s license paid by BFITS.
• Required "Thai Culture Course" for Work Permit/Visa paid by company.
• Assistance (if needed) in locating housing.
• Airport pickup. (if needed)
• Yearly professional development training provided for free during school breaks. Topics of training based on teacher requests and needs.
• Western Management.
• Teaching hours range from 15-25 a week.
• Class sizes range from 25-40 students per class with air conditioned classrooms.
• School hours are approximately 08.00-15.30 Monday to Friday.
• Curriculum and lesson plans are already developed and provided to teacher.
• All teaching materials are supplied by BFITS in digital format on a notebook computer: Teacher Editions, Student Editions, Interactive Chalkboard (pre-made powerpoints), Examview Test Generator, etc.
* Classrooms equipped with LCD projectors so Power Point experience is needed.
• Teach assigned subjects to assigned classes as per schedule provided.
• Adapt and deliver power point lessons from Interactive Chalkboard (pre-made Power Points) provided by BFITS.
• Modify and adapt lessons to meet the needs of your class.
PLEASE NOTE: All lessons are delivered via notebook computer using Powerpoint.
IT skills are a prerequisite of this position.
• Maintain weekly office hours.
• Maintain student grading/assessment using company online Learning Management System.
• Attend office meetings or professional development held during office hours (if/when needed).
• Native English Speaker (Passport and Degree from USA, Canada, UK, Australia).
• Bachelor's Degree (preference given to degrees in education or content area wishing to teach).
• TEFL/TESOL Certification.
• Police Clearance.
• Basic Office/IT Skills.
• One or more years teaching experience preferred (non-experienced teachers will be considered provided they have degrees specific to the content to be taught).
BFITS is a leading provider of English education programs to government and private schools throughout Thailand. We are a full service educational company providing a comprehensive learner-centered experience. As such, we pride ourselves on taking a proactive approach to the learning experience.
Our use of technology allows us to tailor a program to suit the need of the learner and school while maintaining a high standard of education and low cost. BFITS works collaboratively as a team with our schools to provide the best responsive educational programs.
We are not a recruiter, we are an educational service provider who employs teachers directly.
If you're serious about making a significant impact on our students, please consider Bright Future International Training & Services.