International ESL Jobs
Date: 9 June 2014
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL have an opening for a DYNAMIC English Teacher-Managers who would relish the rare opportunity of not only teaching, but also running and building up the school. Located in Morioka, the capital city of Iwate prefecture, FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is a part of the Active group that has been serving communities in 4 locations for over 21 years, teaching at public kindergartens, elementary and junior high schools, college as well as businesses in the area in addition to our own in-house lessons.
Morioka is a city of approximately 350,000 people, situated in central Iwate. It is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to major cities located to the north and south. (Tokyo is 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by bullet train. The nearest ski resort is only a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east.)
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is definitely the environment where the selfless, dedicated teaching professional with strong leadership, organization, communication and teamwork skills can make the most positive difference in both the school and her/himself. The teachers whose daily work philosophy is to leave the school and students in a better place than when he/she first arrived will find a welcome home here. As life in the countryside can be more challenging in some ways than that in the city, Morioka is really only for those who are independent, those who genuinely seek a more peaceful, greener and quieter lifestyle. It is where you will experience a more “real” Japan.
The successful applicant will be joining a team of dedicated teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. University degree (Education degree holders preferred. )
2. Native English speakers ONLY
3. Teaching experience and some Japanese language ability are musts
4. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic and confident with a great sense of humor – We like to laugh!
5. Fantastic people skills: Ready smiles, approachable, good at problem-solving, maturity, responsible and have great communication skills
6. Must be able to teach and relate very well to children but also enjoy the challenge of teaching adults.
7. Strong work ethics: Honest, Conscientious, Resilient, Nurturing with an abundance of Initiative and Creative Energy. A Self-starter and Leader who likes to keep busy! Passionate about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom and imparting Wholesome, Solid values to students. Must also be Meticulous in management and organization.
8. Must enjoy working independently in a multi-cultural environment
9. Preference for living in a smaller city and being closer to nature and all the wonderful things it offers.
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary from 250,000yen per month
2. An initial one-year contract with possible renewal offers
3. Bonus will be paid upon a satisfactory completion of 2 consecutive years of employment
4. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
5. Fully furnished accommodation (single occupancy) with all the rental set-up fees paid by the school
6. Visa sponsorship, if needed.
7. Caring bosses, good school family
8. Green surrounds with easy access to the outdoors as well as good shopping in a homey, historical town.
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences July/August 2014
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~32 / week
3. Teaching children to adults. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula used in class, if teacher so wishes
5. Administrative and PR work
* * CONTACT:
Email: [email protected]. Please include your:
(1) cover letter, (describe your teaching philosophy, approach and personal background including in interests)
(2) updated resume
(3) university degree and transcripts
(4) photo (taken in the last 6 months)
**Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please check spam in case school reply is misfiled.