International ESL Jobs
Date: 8 June 2014
OPPORTUNITY FOR THAT SPECIAL INDIVIDUAL WITH A PASSION FOR TEACHING, LEARNING AND THE DESIRE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!
* *IF YOU ARE AFTER A TEACHING JOB THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS YOU TEACH, THIS IS IT
FRIENDS INTERNATIONAL KINDERGARTEN is a small international kindergarten that offers quality education in a homey and caring environment. Opened 8 years ago, F.I.K. is dedicated to the vision of nurturing the individual needs of each of our young learners (2.5 years-old – 6 years-old). We are looking for that special educator who relishes the challenge of teaching and interacting with young children to help them develop into exceptional individuals with a strong academic background, a global outlook and one who will thrive on independent thinking coupled with a kind, caring heart. F.I.K. employs a western-based curriculum where English is the main medium of instruction. The position of English Teacher/Kindergarten Manager also requires a person with meticulous organization skills who enjoys administrative work to assist the owners in running the kindergarten. The position will allow you an up close and beyond-the-surface look at the lives of the students you teach and life in Japan in general. And as a part of that, we also encourage volunteering with our school family at the coastal towns which were devastated by the tsunami a little over 3 years ago.
FRIENDS INTERNATIONAL KINDERGARTEN is located in Morioka, the capital of Iwate Prefecture. Morioka is a city of approximately 350,000 in the center of Iwate. Flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to other major cities located to the north and south, Morioka is only 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train to Tokyo. The nearest ski resort is a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east. Morioka has all the conveniences of a modern city with the warmth and coziness as well as the history and character of a smaller town minus the concrete jungle. Set amongst the beauty of nature, it is perfect for healthy, outdoor living. Morioka really does have the best of both worlds!
The position offered is NOT for the faint-hearted, shy or those with communication or major homesickness issues. FRIENDS INTERNATIONAL KINDERGARTEN is the place for an English Teacher/Kindergarten Manager who is independent, loyal, respectful, kind and most of all, who has a strong desire to leave the place better than when she/he first found it. The successful applicant must have a passion for teaching and helping the school reach out to the community.
The successful applicant will also be a part of a DEDICATED team of teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
1. University degree (Education majors, especially in Early Childhood Education
or Development .)
2. Native English speaker.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic, confident person with a great sense of humor –
We like to laugh!
5. Fantastic people skills: Big, ready smiles, approachable and good at problem-solving.
6. Must love children and enjoy the challenge of teaching various subjects.
7. Strong work ethics: Industrious, conscientious, mature, loyal, honest, nurturing and
responsible with an abundance of initiative and creative energy. Must enjoy both in-class teaching and working alone during lesson and administrative planning times.
Passionate about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom i.e. embodies all
the wholesome values that a child can model after.
8. Must enjoy living and working independently in a multi-cultural environment.
9. Preference for living in a smaller city (pop. just over 350,000), being away from big
crowds and closer to nature with all the wonderful things it offers!
1. Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
2. An initial one-year contract with possible renewal offers
3. Bonus will be paid upon satisfactory completion of 2 consecutive years of employment
4. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
5. Fully furnished, single-occupant accommodation with all rental set-up fees paid by
the school (i.e. key money, deposit, realtor’s commission). Centrally located i.e. 12-minute walk to work, 10-minute walk to downtown and 20-minute walk to the train station.)
6. Visa sponsorship
7. Caring bosses, good school family
8. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
1. Commences August 2014.
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~32 hours / week when school is in session. Only a few hours during student holidays.
3. Mainly teaching children with opportunities to teach and learn from other age groups. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula
used in class, if teacher so wishes
5. Administrative and some PR, sales work
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your:
(1) cover letter (tell us about yourself, your teaching philosophy and reasons for applying for the position) (2) updated resume (3) university degree and transcripts
(4) full-length photo (no more than 6 months old)
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.