International ESL Jobs
Date: 14 January 2015
Asia Pacific College Dong Nai (APC DN) is a K-12 bilingual school located in the city of Bien Hoa, Vietnam, which is approximately 28 km (45 minutes) northeast of Ho Chi Minh City. We are currently looking for qualified native (L1) English ESL teachers from the United States, Canada, England, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia for the following full-time teaching positions:
1) Kindergarten / Primary Level Teachers
APC DN offers a dual curriculum with students taking the national Vietnamese academic program alongside a tiered English language program based on proficiency level (not grade level). For kindergarten, APC DN endorses a Montessori approach to learning, while at the Primary and Secondary levels students are introduced to different subjects such as general English, science, and mathematics with the emphasis on a student-centered, communicative approach to instruction.
In just 4 years, APC DN has quickly grown to over 330 students (K – 9 classes, Primary – 8 classes, Lower secondary – 5 classes) and will soon be opening a brand new kindergarten school building in late 2014. The primary and high school campus building was built last year and currently holds 14 comfortable, air-conditioned classrooms equipped with computers, Internet, and projectors. There are two swimming pools, tennis courts, mini-basketball courts, a football field outfitted in astro-turf, an indoor performance hall, and a play yard for our little ones in order to best serve the recreational, leisure and fitness needs of our students and staff.
Teacher Remuneration Package:
1a. 1600 – 1750 USD NET monthly salary (school will pay all taxes on teacher’s behalf)
1b. Salary offered is dependent on qualifications and verifiable classroom teaching experience
1c. Annual salary increases (up to 1,000 USD year on year) based on work / teaching performance reviews
2. Full-time Contract
2a. 11 paid teaching months (July 1 – May 31)
2b. Initial contract will have a 2-month probationary period
3. Paid holidays
3a. 1 week for Christmas
3b. 2 weeks for TET Lunar New Year
3c. All statutory national holidays
3d. Note: summer vacation is non-paid leave (month of June)
4. Health Insurance
4a. Basic health insurance from Bao Viet Insurance (Classic Plan)
4b. Insurance plan increases every 2 years of employment
5a. The school does make free communal housing available to teachers if they would like to have it (teachers are responsible for the cost of all utilities, maintenance and repairs);
5b. Accommodation and rooms come fully furnished
5c. No deposit is required and school will register tenants with local police (required by law)
6. Visas, Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card
6a. Once the teacher has provided all requisite documentation for the work permit, the school will pay for all visa extensions until the work permit is issued
6b. The school will pay the fees for the application and issuance of teacher work permits and renewals
6c. Upon issuance of teacher work permit, the school will pay for and process the temporary residence card, which will negate the need for a visa
7a. The school will establish a SOCOM bank account for the teacher and deposit the monthly salary into this account by the 5th of every month
8. Child tuition discounts
8a. Year 1-2: 20% discount
8b. Year 3+ : 50% discount
- Monday – Friday from 6:50 AM – 4:30PM
- Average instructional time (contact hours) is 20-22 hours per week
- Weekly PLC Meetings for teacher collaboration (horizontal and vertical articulation)
- Monthly PD sessions (once per month for 3 hours)
- Weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
Teaching Support & Benefits:
- Teachers will have the same classes all year long
- Teacher’s Room with access to communal computers, Wi-Fi, B&W printers, and B&W photocopy machine, small kitchenette, sofas, and tables;
- Robust online teacher platform to track student marks, communicate with students and parents;
- Reflective peer observation program to support teaching team;
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
- Professional Development once month, which focuses on building teacher efficacy
- An experienced management team (Vice Principal and Principal) that will move heaven and hearth to make sure you have everything you need to do your job right!
School Website: http://www.apcdongnai.edu.vn/en/main.html
- First and foremost, you must love to work with children and enjoy teaching ESL.
- Secondly, you must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who likes to teach, work in a team, and is open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Thirdly, you must be ICT literate – know how to use a computer, use the Internet to find teaching resources, use Microsoft Office software, check and respond to email, upload/download resources, etc.
As for the formalities, only applicants who are native (L1) English speakers from the United States, Canada, England, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia between the ages of 22 – 40 will be considered. All applicants must have, at minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL); or
- B. Ed / PGCE in TESOL / TEFL / Applied Linguistics
- Previous teaching experience is preferred, however, newly certified teachers are more than welcome to apply.
How to Apply?
Please send a detailed resume, a color photograph, and reference letters from current, recent or past employers to email@example.com
APC DN Board of Principals