TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
If your browser supports and is set to accept "cookies," your preferences will be remembered. Otherwise, the forum will not be able to remember who you are or how you prefer to view the index listing and messages, nor will it be able to indicate which messages are new since your last visit.
Message Display Options
List Styles (index)
- Simple List Displays all messages chronologically; that is, in the order in which they were posted.
- Alphabetical List Arranges messages in alphabetical order by their subject lines.
- Threaded List Arranges the index by threads, with responses indented below their parent messages.
- Compressed List Contains links to each thread, rather than to each individual message, producing a shorter index listing.
- Single Message Shows the text of one message at a time. Each message page contains links from which other messages in the thread may be accessed.
- Guestbook If combined with the Simple or Alphabetical List styles, displays the full text of all messages on the index page; otherwise, displays the full text of all messages in a given thread on a single page.
- Oldest First Arranges threads (or messages, depending on your listing preference) with the oldest at the top of the page and the newest at the bottom.
- Newest First Does the opposite. The remaining two options are relevant only to Threaded and Compressed listings.
- Mixed Order Arranges primary messages with the newest at the top, thus tending to keep newer threads toward the top of the page, but arranges responses with the newest at the bottom, thus preserving a more "intuitive" threading structure.
- UBB Order Arranges threads by the dates of their last responses, rather than by the dates on which they were started; the threads with the newest messages are always at the very top of the index page.