English schools in Europe
The Preparatory Year Program (http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/prepyear/) at KFUPM aims at preparing newly admitted students for their undergraduate studies at the University. The specific objectives of the program are:
- to improve students’ English language proficiency , with some emphasis on scientific, technical and business applications in preparation for the University courses;
- to review and reinforce the students’ knowledge of mathematical and analytical techniques through the medium of English;
- to consolidate the students’ knowledge of basic science, and computer science through the medium of English;
- to provide students with the study skills needed for effective learning, and the necessary career guidance for informed choice of academic majors;
- to provide students with experience in innovation, design, manufacturing and diagnostics through the medium of technical studies;
- to develop fitness techniques and health strategies relevant to students’ physical well-being.