English schools in Europe
St. Clare's, Oxford is an independent, international college providing courses for up to 500 students throughout the year in the following areas:
• International Baccalaureate Diploma
IB Diploma: full academic year - aged 15-19; Pre-IB; and summer preparation courses
• Study Abroad (academic study to university level for adults 18 and above): Liberal Arts Programme,
Advanced Studies Programme, University Foundation Course
• English language courses: A wide variety of courses throughout the academic year and summer months for adults
• Summer English language courses for older teenagers (15-17), younger teenagers (13-15) and juniors (10-12)
• Teacher training courses for IB teachers
Oxford is one of Europe's most beautiful cities with its university colleges, museums, parks and art galleries. It is also a lively city, home to over 30,000 students at the two universities and other colleges.
There are many activities in Oxford to interest students at St. Clare's - excellent shopping, cinemas, concerts, theatres, restaurants and cafés, and a whole variety of sports from punting on the river, football, jazz dance, hockey, tennis and aerobics to horseriding, sailing and outdoor adventure sports. Being close to London students can travel to London for shopping, sightseeing and other events such as big venue concerts, sporting events, exhibitions and shows.
Oxford is in the centre of England, surrounded by beautiful countryside, and close to many places of interest London, Stratford upon Avon, Bath, Windsor, the Cotswolds and Winchester are all within easy reach, while Cambridge can be visited as a day trip.
St. Clare's occupies several converted Victorian buildings along Banbury Road and Bardwell Road forming two distinct sites - the Banbury Road Campus and the Bardwell Road Centre. The College also owns 19 residential houses with the capacity to house up to 325 students.