English schools in Europe
Our Mission: The British International School, Bratislava seeks to prepare its students for their role in an increasingly challenging, cosmopolitan, and rapidly changing world.
We aim to provide a high quality British-style education characterised by:
• The provision of the English National Curriculum enhanced to meet the needs of international and local students and offering an insight into the local culture
• High quality teaching provided by committed British, international and local staff
• A broad personal development of students that encourages independence, confidence, tolerance, good manners and respect
• A recognition of the school-parent partnership in the successful education of their children
• An acknowledgment that all students are individuals who deserve an environment to help realise their academic and other potential, thereby preparing them for their chosen continued education and career
• A safe, caring, happy and stimulating environment benefiting from high quality facilities
The British International School provides an effective framework for education through a relevant, broad, balanced, rigorously taught and monitored curriculum. As students advance through the school, we ensure that their needs are met across subject and year groups, through progressive and continuous curriculum provision. Although our curriculum is based upon the National Curriculum for England, it is adapted as appropriate, to ensure suitability for our diverse student body. Thus, we strive for the development of transferable skills through the years of schooling, as well as the acquisition of a broad body of knowledge.
The school seeks to provide skills and academic success for this rapidly changing world by encouraging students to develop flexible approaches to learning. These approaches, whilst valuing individual initiative, make clear to students what is required of them. We also ensure that students are capable of achieving what is expected. In this way our students will acquire self respect, self discipline, organisational skills and the success required for their future lives.
Students are given opportunities to develop many skills. These include skills in language, in the humanities, in science, technology and mathematics, in the aesthetic and creative domains of music, drama and art, and in physical education. We aim to help students understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.