English schools in Europe
We are designated as a:
- Foundation because we have foundation, non-profit making status in Romania
- International because we enroll children from around the world
- British because the British National Curriculum is at the heart of our teaching and learning.
- School - our school is about more than just formal learning. We aim to educate the whole 'child' through a varied and wide curriculum and a wide range of after school activities.
- Bucharest - Although we are first and foremost a British school, we believe that our curriculum is enriched by our involvement in community projects, visits to places of interest in the city and learning of Romanian as either a first or foreign language.
Our school is staffed by teachers experienced in teaching in Britain who deliver a curriculum based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales. There is a clear emphasis on the key skills of Literacy and Numeracy but our curriculum is broad and balanced and covers all the key areas needed for a child’s development.
Our school is situated in the heart of the city, close to PRO TV. It is a purpose built building that has recently been completed. The rooms are light and spacious and well equipped. We have a safe environment for our children to work and play in, both indoors and outdoors. The pupil teacher ratios are excellent and teacher assistants work alongside our teachers to ensure all children learn and make progress.