English schools in Europe
The College was founded in 1894 by members of the Presbyterian community in Dublin and began life at a city-centre location, No. 21 St. Stephen's Green. In 1927 a move was made to larger premises on Clyde Road where the school remained until 1971 when, as a reinvigorated co-educational day and boarding school, it took possession of a new building on a beautifully positioned site in the suburb of Booterstown, overlooking Dublin Bay.
Our student population of approximately 1200 is drawn from many different countries, and the international character of the school is officially recognised in the fact that we have been accredited as an international school by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges since 1984.
A distinctive feature of St. Andrew's College is its international character, not just defined by the fact that we have pupils from all over the world on our rolls, but confirmed by our membership, on the basis of a testing accreditation programme of the European Council of International Schools (ECIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), and by our links with the U.S. Department of State in Washington.
Our International Baccalaureate Course provides a qualification which acts as a passport to Universities in most parts of the world. Pupils are prepared for American College Board tests such as PSAT, SAT, ACT, and achievement tests. Pupils from Saint Andrew's College have been accepted in Universities in Belgium, in Holland, in Britain, including Cambridge, Oxford, and Manchester, in American Universities as diverse as Boston College, Boston University, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, the University of California and the University of Michigan.