English schools in Europe
Bristol Language College
2 Portland Place Pritchard Street
Bristol BS2 8RH
Tel: +44(0)117 924 5759
At Bristol Language College, we combine modern and traditional methods of language teaching to help you learn quickly. We place particular emphasis on good vocabulary and provide the speaking practice that you need to survive and improve your life either here in England or anywhere in the world. We specialise in General English, IELTS and the Cambridge exams: PET, FCE, CAE and CPE.
• 09:30 - 12:45 General English Classes & IELTS (15 hours/week, Monday to Friday)
• 13:00 - 14:00 Skills / Tutorial Hour (5 hours/week, Monday to Friday)
• 14:30 - 15:30 Examination Skills Hour (5 hours/week, Monday to Friday)
• 14:15 - 17:30 Afternoon General English class (15 hours/week, Monday to Friday during summer period)
• 18:00 - 21:00 Cambridge FCE, CAE, CPE or IELTS (5,5, hours/week, Mondays & Wednesdays)
Our teachers are carefully chosen for their ability and enthusiasm. You are welcome to have a Free Trial Lesson before you join the college to see if the lessons are right for you. We are confident they will be.
A general English class covers all skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), along with the work you need on grammar and vocabulary. We structure our General English classes around a coursebook and the TEG level syllabus which is revised and updated regularly. We have General English classes from Elementary to Advanced with a maximum class size of 14 students (but an average of 8).
We currently have five language colleges in England: Bristol, Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester and Chichester.
At BLC and all TEG colleges, we understand the importance of value for money and that you must feel you are learning and in an enjoyable way. You can see examples of social activities and pictures of our students on our Facebook page and group. We also have a free social app where you can find our weekly social events.