Date: 21 January 2019
mobile: 07895 405806
4 Market Court, Tarporley, Cheshire CW6 0AH, United Kingdom.
I am looking to build upon my extensive career in the ESL field (CELTA qualified) over the past twenty years both in the UK and overseas. I am a responsible and reliable person with proven communication skills, a strong work ethic and a positive, forward-thinking attitude. I relish challenges and I have worked very successfully with a variety of professional teaching teams in Japan as well as Australia, Canada, France and in the UK. I have a wide range of practical and computer skills with fluent French and conversational Japanese abilities.
Japan Visa Status: Spouse of Japanese National. Expiry Date 02/11/2021 – ACTIVE.
• English teaching abilities to students of all ages, nationalities and language levels.
• Excellent communication skills across all media including good office IT skills.
• Proven organisational and analytical skills within a wide range of professional roles.
• Foreign language abilities in French and Japanese.
• Over seven years' international professional experience.
• An accomplished employment record spanning two decades.
• Successful team-building and management experience.
Business English Teacher p/t – October 2018 – January 2019. BEAT Inc., Aichi, Japan. Clients have included Meijo University and Sumitomo Riko.
Business English Teacher p/t – April 2017- January 2019. SEOG English Company, Aichi, Japan. Clients have included Mitsubishi UFJ and Ishimitsu Engineering amongst others.
Business English Teacher p/t – January 2017 – January 2019. Panasonic, Aichi, Japan.
ESL Teacher (p/t) – October 2016 – June 2018. ECC Corporate Division – Aichi District, Japan. Clients included Toyoda Gosei, Amino Enzyme and Miyazaki Seiko.
• Teaching Business English as a second language to international students of all levels of English.
• Preparing corporate clients for upcoming foreign assignments, IELTS, TOEFL and TOEIC exams.
• University English classes and TEAP Examiner for students at several campuses in the Aichi area.
• ESL tuition for a range of private clients across the Aichi area.
ESL Teacher, Excursion Coordinator and Community Officer - April 2006 – August 2015 – English in Chester, Chester, UK.
• Teaching English as a foreign language to international students of all English abilities.
• Overseeing the welfare of international students and fostering school links with local businesses.
• Organising and implementing the school`s highly successful activity and excursion program.
• Overall responsibility for fostering relationships with local and national businesses.
• Personally awarded a Point of Excellence by the British Council in 2012.
• Creating and updating the school’s online presence across all social media.
ESL Teacher (p/t) September 2009 – September 2010 – West Cheshire College, Chester, UK.
Activity Coordinator - January – August 2005 – Aspect Language School, Toronto, Canada.
• Planning, organising and implementing the school’s ESL activity programme.
• Dealing with student visa and travel problems and assisting student integration.
• Organising student excursions to Niagara Falls, New York and Quebec.
• Teaching English to international students of all language levels and abilities.
From September 2004 – Working Holiday Visa - Canada – 1 year. Various roles.
January 2003 – January 2004. Working Holiday Visa – Australia – 1 year. Various roles.
Senior English Teacher - June 2000 – September 2002 - Shane English Schools, Saitama, Japan.
• Running all academic aspects of a British English school located one hour from Tokyo.
• Liaising and managing a team of teachers and Japanese administration staff.
• Planning and implementing an English syllabus for pupils aged from 3 to 70.
• During my tenure I held the highest student retention levels in the district.
Nov – Dec 2006 ‘Akcent` School International House, Prague, Czech Republic.
• Cambridge CELTA Certificate. PASS.
1994 – 1997 University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK.
• Graduated with Bachelor of Arts degree in Drama, Film and Television. Grade II Class I
1992 – 1994 Sir John Deane’s College, Cheshire, UK.
• Graduated with 5 advanced level certificates in Theatre Studies, English Literature,
Geography, French and General Studies.
1987 – 1992 Catholic High School, Chester, UK.
• Graduated with 10 GCSEs grades A – C
St John’s Ambulance First Aid Certificate – 2010.
Hobbies & Interests
I enjoy travel, golf, football and rugby league, film, photography and theatre.
I am also a member of the Chester Film Society and the Chester Poets. I was a member, and occasional Chairperson, of the Nagoya English Forum in Aichi, Japan.
I would be happy to provide references upon request.