Date: 26 October 2017
A highly-qualified and experienced English teacher from Ukraine is looking for a teaching position in China for February 2018 or September 2018.
My name is Natalia Samokhina and I am a professional English teacher from Ukraine. I have a degree in teaching English as a foreign language gained in my native country and I have been working as a teacher for more than 10 years, 5 of which I taught in China. Teaching English is not just my occupation, it is my calling and my passion, I always try to develop my language and teaching skills and learn new methods how to make the learning process more effective for my students. I've worked with different levels and age groups. When I taught in my country, I worked with young children and adults in groups and individually, in China I worked mostly with high school students in international schools.
Apart from a degree from my country I have a TESOL Certificate, which I gained in July 2011, a certificate to teach young learners and IELTS Certificate which I got in December 2016 and my average band score is 8 with 9 in Listening and Reading.
I concider myself to be not just an experienced teacher, but also a considerate and culturally flexible person. I always respect my students, their cultural background and opinions. Now I am interested in teaching online as I am going to get a Master's Degree in TESOL and this way of teaching allows to combine work and study in the most efficient way. I hope my experience and desire to learn new methods of teaching English will suit your school and I will become a valuable member of your teaching team.
Work experience: - Huadu Experimental School of the Affiliated School of Guangzhou University, China (2015 – 2017): ESL Teacher.
Teaching oral English to Junior High School students (grades 7, 8), writing lesson plans, developing speaking fluency.
- Focus English Training Institute, Guangzhou, China (2015-2017): ESL Teacher
- Hailiang Cambridge International School, Zhuji, Zhejiang, China (2013 – 2015). Teaching Speaking, Reading, Listening and Writing to high school students, IELTS training
- Richard English International Academy, Zhuji, Zhejiang, China (2012 – 2013). ESL Teacher.
- European School for Foreign Languages, Donetsk, Ukraine (2004 – 2011) English Teacher.
Education: Horlivka State Pedagogic Institute for Foreign Languages (2000 – 2006) - Diploma of Specialist. Major: English Language and Foreign Literature.
- TESOL Certificate (July 2011)
- Academic IELTS Certificate (December 2016) British Council China, Grade achieved: 8