Date: 22 May 2018
I am a well-educated, highly effective EFL teacher. I am a meticulous and results-orientated professional with more than 14 years formal work experience. I am imaginative, enthused and passionate. I intensely enjoy creating stimulating and inspiring lessons. I work well in a team and can communicate prodigiously at all levels and ages. I am dedicated to refining my teaching skills further and contributing to the success of the school.
November 2017 – February 2018 120 Hour TEFL Certificate - The TEFL Academy, UK
• Create lessons for a variety of levels from pre-intermediate to advance
• Teaching speaking, listening, reading and writing
• Material & resource creation, utilising the internet
• English grammar and how to teach the essential language
• Needs analysis and teaching in different situations
• Classroom management and teaching techniques
EDUCATION AND COURSES
• International Diploma in Fashion Design - London International School of Fashion, 2002
• International Diploma in Project Management - X-Pert Academy, 2007
• International Diploma in Project Administration - X-pert Academy, 2007
• Diploma in Adobe Illustrator - In Design College, 2012
• International Diploma in Social Media Marketing – Shaw Academy, 2018
During my tenure at below listed companies I have not only envisioned numerous concepts as required by project but also brought them to life whilst staying true to company vision. I have always been in a management position and have therefore always had to lead a team, I have mentored and coached teams and had to create and present presentations on an almost daily basis. I believe this experience will be mostly beneficial in my role as a teacher.
Co-Editor/ Creative Director: DOSSIER MAGAZINE July 2017 - Present
• Responsible for developing all content.
• Creative and Art direction: Including all areas for the overall photographs, text, and illustrations for the publication.
• Planning and maintaining production schedule.
• Supervising the entire production and team of the publication.
• Responsible for drawing up budget proposals and any other information requested by the publisher.
Creative/ Art Director; XDC January 2016 – July 2017
• Determine how best to represent concepts visually, develop/create the overall look and style of publication and presentations.
• Create, review and approve designs, artwork, photography and graphics.
• Coordinate activities with other artistic and creative departments and supervise design staff.
• Develop detailed budgets and manage timelines.
Apparel Buyer: TRUWORTHS October 2014 – December 2015
• Develop and present balanced ranges and align assortments to projected targets.
• Negotiate the best prices, terms and delivery agreements with suppliers.
• Presenting collections/ranges to management and writing reports.
• Working closely with retail merchandisers, visual merchandisers, designers and marketing personnel to review and track in-store customer reaction/success.
• Analyse product performance and react to trading conditions.
Head Designer: KISUA October 2012 – September 2014
• Conceptualize and design seasonal collections for 10 brands, focused on USA and UK markets.
• Manage associate and assistant designers, training and coaching of teams.
• Art Director- Seasonal mood-boards conceptualization and look-book compilation: identify key print patterns, key proportions, must-haves, decade- & socio-cultural inspirations.
• Key look illustrations, graphics, fabrics and trims.
• Source most competitive suppliers for cost effective fabric and trim supplies - international travel (China).
I have travelled extensively in my life and enjoy meeting new people and experiencing different cultures.
I am an art lover and a keen illustrator.
Date of Birth: 6 may 1981
Marital Status: Single
Nationality: South African
REFEREES ON REQUEST