Date: 4 July 2017
Dear Sir or Madam,
It is with great enthusiasm that I am writing to you in regards to the English teaching position available in your organization. It is likely that you may have already received several inquiries from other interested applicants. However, it is my hope that as you keep reading further, you will realize that my educational background, work experiences, and unique teaching philosophy will inevitably set me apart from the other applicants.
I am confident that I have acquired the educational requirements necessary to excel in this position. My diverse accomplishments include:
• Master of Science (MS)
• Bachelor of Arts (BA)
• 120 Hour TEFL Certificate (Teach English as a Foreign Language)
• 40 Hour TEYL Certificate (Teach English to Young Learners)
I believe it is important to note that I AM NOT a teacher that strictly lectures lesson objectives from a textbook. I like to take a “hands-on” approach by actively participating in lesson planning and engaging with students to determine what is working, and more importantly, what is not working. I believe that this type of formative assessment is a critical requirement for student progress. In addition, I believe an effective teacher must incorporate a diverse, multi-lateral lesson plan that will keep students actively engaged and ultimately proficient in the English language. For this reason, I support and use the present-practice-production approach to Communicative Language Teaching (CLT).
Furthermore, I believe it is beneficial to English-learning students to participate in extra-curricular programs outside of the classroom environment. These extra-curricular programs dramatically enhance the student’s understanding and usage of the English language. As a teacher in your organization, I would be an advocate for creating and participating in extra-curricular programs such as entrepreneurship and business, social welfare, or environmental awareness and preservation. These types of programs allow students to explore other cross-curriculum subjects while continuing to strengthen their English language skills.
Lastly, I would like to thank-you for taking the time to consider my qualifications for this position. I am confident that I would be an asset for your organization and that the student’s success is always my top priority. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail or telephone if you have any other questions or would like to follow-up on the details outlined in my CV.
Matthew Krug, M.S.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Marital Status: Single
+1 (619) 786-0075
TEFL certified, college-graduate from the United States seeking a teaching position abroad.
Western Governors University | Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Master of Science (MS), Management & Leadership
National University | San Diego, California USA
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Management
TEFL FullCircle | London, UK
120 Hour TEFL Certificate (Teach English as a Second Language)
40 Hour TEYL Certificate (Teach English to Young Learners)
Executive Director and Instructor
San Diego, California USA ( September 2015- April 2017 )
Project Start+Up is a non-profit organization that provides educational instruction and training in entrepreneurship to “at-risk” and homeless youth and adults. My core competencies include:
• Collaborated with academic and business leaders for organization and program support
• Conducted research and analysis to determine empirical support for curriculum design
• Developed a entrepreneurship program curriculum tailored to students with specific needs
• Facilitated entrepreneurship curriculum to twenty-five students with notable levels of differentiation
• Measured student progress and program effectiveness through open-discussion feedback, surveys, and goal / milestone tracking.
• Used technology based tools to enhance core curriculum objectives
Supply Chain Manager
Carlsbad, California USA May 2006 – September 2015
Carriercomm is a telecommunications manufacturer of point-to-point voice and data transmission products and related software. My core competencies include:
• Direct oversight of two contract manufacturer transitions in China and Malaysia
• Managed compliance with import/export regulations and procedures directed by governing bodies
• Managed over 18,000 manufacturing work orders over an eight- year period with less than 1% discrepancy rate.
• Reduced average bill of material (BOM) costs by 28% over a two-year period
• Negotiated standard operating procedures with contract manufacturers in Asia and South Pacific regions
• Proven leadership skills by training and developing twelve operational team members over a five-year period.
Teaching Style & Lesson Planning
• Methodology and structures of Communicative Language Teaching (CLT)
• Incorporate (3-P) lesson structure (Presentation – Practice – Production)
• Utilize “warmer” and “cooler” activities to stimulate the lesson’s core competencies
• Provide a finishing summary of lesson and solicit student reflections
• Adopt comprehensive lesson planning and various strategies targeted towards:
• Conduct necessary assessments to evaluate student progress and curriculum effectiveness
i. Base line / need analysis
ii. Formative assessment
iii. Summative assessment
• Incorporate technology based tools to enhance the learning experience
i. Wikispaces / Moodle
• Use cross-curricular material to broaden the learning scope
Technical & Soft Skills
● Managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) | Dashboards
● Evaluate and Interpret Data Through Descriptive and Predictive Analytics
● Professional User Of Microsoft Office Programs
● Database Queries and Data Extraction
● Conceptual Thinker With Exquisite Problem Solving Skills
● Excellent Communicator Driven To Build Exceptional Teams
● Diverse cultural awareness and in-depth knowledge of European, Asian, and Middle-Eastern customs.
● Wikispaces / Moodle Cloud
● Social Media Computing / Applications
● Microsoft Office – Certified Professional User
● Microsoft Query
● Adobe Creative Cloud Suite