Date: 29 March 2018
James C. Reynolds
Cedar City, UT 84720
Dominican University – Master of Arts, 2016
Major: ESL Education GPA: 4.0
Red Rocks Community College - Associates Degree, 1995
Major: International Trade & Commerce GPA: 4.0
University of Northern Colorado – Bachelor of Science, 1988
Major: Biology and Wildlife Management GPA: 3.6
2002 – 2017
Director – Foreign Language Institute, Riobamba, Ecuador
• Led team of 32 teachers and 12 administrative personnel.
• Designed the institute’s highly effective method of teaching and learning English.
• Authored teacher training manuals.
• Co-authored student books for each level.
• Trained EFL professors.
• Directed administrative and financial responsibilities.
• Organized and led publicity efforts (teaching seminars, school visits, press releases, live radio and TV interviews).
• Organized and led community service activities (nursing homes, orphanages, homeless shelters, indigenous communities, disaster relief, and provincial prisons).
• Organized and led institutional events (science and international food fairs, international holiday celebrations, inter-class competitions, theatrical presentations).
• Taught all EFL proficiency levels to children, teens and adults.
TOEFL Preparation Course Designer and Instructor – Fullbright Commission, Quito, Ecuador
• Designed and taught TOEFL preparation courses for Ecuadorian university students.
• Taught all levels of English proficiency to university students.
• Taught university level English writing (essays, summaries, short stories, playwriting and research papers) to U.S.-bound Ecuadorian university students.
Operations Manager – Electriconnection, Arvada, CO
• Oversaw local and national sales and advertising.
• Trained electricians on electrical material reconditioning.
• Directed export and import of electrical material to and from Latin America.
Founder and Director of Ecuador’s first Wildlife Refuge – Ecuador
• Directed operations of wildlife refuge and rehabilitation and release programs for the U.S. Peace Corps.
• Worked with Ecuadorian and American military to confiscate illegally trafficked animals.
• Designed and built exotic animal enclosures.
• Headed animal husbandry during rehabilitation and tracked animals’ survival status released into Ecuador’s national parks.
• I am fluent in English and Spanish.
• I successfully write, direct and act in theatrical presentations.
• I establish good, working relationships with fellow educational institutions.
• I establish good working relationships with community service agencies.
• I am loyal to my employers and possess a solid work ethic.
• I promote a team-building spirit wherever I work.
• I inspire and motivate teachers, administrative personnel and students.
I would be pleased to immediately provide current personal and professional references immediately upon request. Additionally, official university transcripts would be provided upon request.