Date: 13 February 2018
Rego Park, NY, 11374
Phone (914) 330-9903, [email protected]
Seeking a position of a full-time ESL instructor at an accredited language institution
• Experienced at preparing businessmen and women for international business trips and meetings
• Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently with international students
• Highly skilled in creating an environment that is helpful to education and suitable to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• TESOL Certified
• Microsoft Office
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
January 2014 – March 2015
Berlitz Tokyo, Japan
• Established a trusting atmosphere through sensitivity to student’s strengths, weaknesses, and personal styles of learning.
• Engaged students through activities for maximum interaction in both private and group lessons.
• Created and implemented lesson plans.
• Established goals and objectives for the classroom.
• Attentively checked homework and assisted with questions and concerns.
April 2015 – July 2015
Sachinami Junior High School Saitama, Japan
Assistant Language Teacher
• Created engaging lesson plans through utilizing games and flashcards
• Decorated and organized classroom
• Distributed homework
• Reviewed each lesson thoroughly to achieve the goal of each student
September 2015 – Present
Fujitsu Ltd, New York
Private Language Instructor
• Teaches business level English to small groups of 2-4 men and women
• Helps each student achieve goal through careful lesson planning
• Communicates in conversational Japanese if needed
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
• CUNY College of Staten Island August 2008- May 2012
Bachelor of Science/ Major in Liberal Arts
• TESOL certification July 2013