English schools in China
Welcome to Changchun's longest established and largest language school!
BDW surpassed another great milestone this year by celebrating 10 years as the number one foreign teacher language and communications school in Changchun. We employ teachers from all the major native English speaking countries and take pride in the fact that so many of our teachers continue to remain with the school well beyond the standard one year contract.
Why is BDW such an attractive choice for students and prospective foreign teachers?
* a British/Chinese owned and run establishment - bridging the Eastern and Western cultural differences
* an exemplary record in being a legitimate and fully licensed institution where all our staff work on the correct 'Z' visa
* all application expenses (visa/medical) are met by the school
* salaries are paid electronically into your bank account each month (debit card account)
* "Effective communication skills for life" philosophy of teaching from first steps through to adulthood with a structured curriculum
* formative classes for new students are taught via our in-house produced books and materials
* IELTS preparation incorporating the BDW Performance "Be the Best... for Life" coaching program (first of it's kind in the province)
* irrespective of teaching experience, all teachers train (paid) on our seven day orientation and Initial Training Course
* continuous development for all teaching staff (including ICM standard courses and seminars)
* clean, modern fully equipped classrooms
* every class supported by an English speaking Chinese teacher
* new foreign teachers are assigned a person mentor
* genuine prospects to grow your career into management roles
* report to a Western line manager
Our school continues to attract new students and we believe this is down to our vision and company values that were compiled by our staff. Some examples of which are stated below:
1. We act with integrity and show respect
2. We are all accountable
3. We are passionate about our work
4. We have the humility and desire to learn
5. We love success
We believe that the success of our school is down to careful selection followed up with tailored training and development of all our staff, both foreign and Chinese. We encourage staff, students and their parents to ask questions and offer feedback irrespective of rank within the school. We set the example of open communication to encourage our students to have confidence in their own communication.
Changchun is a medium sized city (by Chinese standards) with a unique personality. It's a real blend of the old, new, rich and poor. Noted for its thriving expat community means you can choose how close to 'home' you want to feel. Situated in the North East of China, in the province of Jilin, it boarders North Korea. A relative stone's throw from Beijing, Shenyang and Harbin, the latter being host to the world renowned Ice and Snow festival - you have to see it to believe it! Despite the continuing progression of the city, Changchun remains a great value city to live in. Living here is incredibly affordable and the standard of living is as high as you desire it to be.
The school encourages an environment that we hope will bring a life changing experience both professionally and socially for our foreign teachers. The chance to make life long friends, to travel one of the most alluring countries in the world whilst taking the chance to change the lives of many, many Chinese children and adults. We're confident that choosing to work with BDW is somewhere that potential teachers can allay apprehensions and work in an environment they feel both comfortable and supported at every step.
Feel free to check out our New Teacher website. Here you can meet some of our staff, get to know more about our school and to send in your questions or particulars if you are interested in applying for a position with Changchun's largest and fastest growing language school.
We look forward to hearing from you.