Learn to TEACH English with TECHNOLOGY. Free course for American TESOL students.

TESOL certification course online recognized by TESL Canada & ACTDEC UK.

Visit Driven Coffee Fundraising for unique school fundraising ideas.

Texas ISD School Guide
Texas ISD School Guide

Travel in Australia and New Zealand

How to Get an Australian Travel Visa

In order to visit, work in or study in Australia, you must obtain an Australian travel visa. You can either get your own visa or have a travel agent do it for you.

Determine which type of visa you need. If you are traveling as a tourist, you can choose between an electronic travel authority (ETA) visa, good for up to 3 months, or a tourist visa, good for up to 12 months. If you plan to work in Australia, another visa is required.

Apply online for ETA visas. If you are only planning on visiting Australia for a vacation of up to 3 months and you are from an eligible country such as the United States, you can get your visa online. Otherwise, you have to go to a Australian visa center or apply by mail.

Provide all of the information for your visa application. Have your passport handy, because your ETA visa must be linked to the passport number on the passport with which you will be traveling. If you plan on renewing your passport, wait to apply for your visa.

Pay the service fee. The ETA visas don't have visa fees, but they do charge for the processing service. Visas by mail and in person require visa fees.

Get your visa immediately. If your visa is approved, it will most likely be done almost instantly. Print visa documents and include them with your travel papers.

Go to another board -