English schools in Asia
With about 3000 students enrolled at the Overseas Family School from over 60 nations, students gain a real multicultural experience.
While some parents believe their children are better suited to learning in a homogenous environment - sitting side by side with classmates of their own nationality - others report many benefits for their child from learning in a truly international classroom. Overseas Family School provides such a rich international experience for its families.
A multinational student mix means no majority culture or nationality dominates the school, and therefore no student needs to feel part of a minority group. In this environment, students naturally overcome any biased attitudes to other cultures, developing individual feelings of self-worth and self-respect. Shared academic experiences, language interaction, group cooperation, and new international friendships mean students learn how to network and relate with worldwide cultures.
The Overseas Family School started in 1991. Since then, the school has witnessed tremendous growth.
The OFS Experience
- Provides a modern education in the English language for overseas families living in Singapore.
- International Baccalaureate Curriculum. Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma programs. Grades K-12.
- About 3000 students from 60 countries. From Pre K to Grade 12 and in University College.
- Faculty is a professional team of highly qualified and experienced international teachers.
- Students study languages chosen from French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish or English.
- The Study Preparation Programme (SPP) helps students to be functional in reading, writing, listening and speaking English. Students also learn the content of the mainstream subjects.
- Authorised K-12 by the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva
- Accredited K-12 by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, California, USA. (WASC)
- Articulated University College program, with California State University Dominguez Hills.
- Registered by the Singapore government.