English schools in Asia
In 1995, Mrs. Djuwita Barak Rimba, an innovative educator who emphasized the development of the whole child, established the first playgroup and National Plus schools in Batam. More than a decade later, Sekolah Djuwita continues today as a preschool through secondary schools, independent non-profit school which is governed by a board of trustees. Sekolah Djuwita is a community of active learners working in concert for the development of individual success and self-esteem. It employs a comprehensive curriculum which seeks to develop the total child – intellectually, physically, spiritually, socially, aesthetically, and emotionally. Creative and critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and a love of learning are major objective. Sekolah Djuwita values and encourages a sense of responsibility, respect for diversity, service to others, moral integrity, environmental awareness, and sensitivity to issues of global significance.
A Sekolah Djuwita education is an active partnership of learning among parents, students and faculty. The faculty and staff strive to be positive role models and are dedicated to encouraging, supporting, and nurturing students in the pursuit of excellence. The school’s curriculum has as its foundation a caring and supporting atmosphere that celebrates each individual and the unique potential of every child.
We have great schools! Students receive an academically rigorous, high standards-based educational curriculum in a safe, caring and supportive environment that promotes personal development.
- Innovative and Award-Winning Curriculum – Sekolah Djuwita have earned numerous local and international recognitions for program excellence. Our unique curriculum is a multi-lingual program: 50% Bahasa Indonesian, 40% English and 10% Mandarin.
- Outstanding Extra-curricular Program – The arts, sports, academic competitions and leadership programs promote personal growth. We offer a full range of choices at all grade levels.
- Safe Campuses – Sekolah Djuwita have one of the best safety records of schools in Indonesia. All our campuses are monitored 24 hours by surveillance cameras and on campus security personnel.
- Well-Maintained Campuses –Sekolah Djuwita is constantly committed to improvement and the well-being of the schools. Our campuses are well maintained to provide a positive environment conducive for learning.
- Caring Culture – Since the school was first established, the school’s founder, Mrs. Djuwita Barak Rimba has always promoted the principles of integrity, respect, honesty, excellence and social responsibility. These principles, which stress respect for self, family and community, guide decision-making and create a unique caring culture at Sekolah Djuwita.
- Quality Staff – We employ credentialed teachers. Our commitment to staff development ensures that all teachers receive support and training to provide the best instruction to students.
- Seasoned, Stable Leadership – Our administrators and school principals are seasoned educators who have been employed by Sekolah Djuwita for an average of five years. Stable leadership, combined with a sound fiscal management strategy, ensures that Sekolah Djuwita schools are well managed.
- Results. Results. Results. - Sekolah Djuwita’s curriculum and program is designed to produce results. For the past 12 years, we have seen our past alumni’s make successful transitions into private and public schools in Australia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Singapore and the United States. In fact, a few of our alumnis now attend schools in Australia and Malaysia on FULL SCHOLARSHIPS. Year after year, Sekolah Djuwita students have continued to earn high recognitions, awards, honors and rankings from the Indonesian Department of Education. In 2006/2007, our Batam Junior High School (SMP) students achieved the highest score on the National Exam administered by the Indoensian Department of Education for the entire Riau province.