English schools in Asia
We are a Supportive Christian Environment (we help each other like a family). We are a great place for career development and working with other creative teachers. Many teachers that have taught here mentioned it is the best job they've ever had, because they know they made a "real" difference in the lives of the students and their families (many write back to me reminding me).
School and Students:
* A school to serve and glorify God. http://www.jacksonfive.com.tw/teacher/Teachers_Letters.html
* Established Canadian owned language school (AD 2000) with a solid curriculum.
* A medium size school where the heart is not taken out of teaching
* Maximum class size (16-18 students, ages 5-12)
* Students that "really" want to be here and enjoy what they are learning.
* We are student orientated and not parent orientated.
* Supportive, informal Christian working environment.
* Within walking distance of Costco (google map "Taichung Costco"), Decathlon, and Ikea.
Teaching Methods and Curriculum:
* Emphasis on making learning fun.
* Limited number of classes. Teachers will see the same students every day. This allows them to cultivate a strong relationship with students.
* Strong focus on teaching English in real life situations, themes, physical education and Christian character.
* Professionally written (B.Ed & M.Ed), tailor-made Theme-Based curriculum.
* Encourages new and creative teaching techniques.
* We measure progress through rubric assessment and class work, not tests.
Comprehensive Teaching Resources:
* Large classrooms that don't physically limit the teacher's creativity
* Well stocked library and video equipment (lots of English movies)
* Within walking distance of two major parks for outdoor activities
* We are a progressive school with Wifi/Computers/TVs
* A computer lab hooked to a fast fiber-optics Internet connection.