English schools in the USA and Canada
The goal of the Carson-Newman English Language Institute is to increase the English language proficiency of non-native English speakers to the level needed for study at a college or university in the United States. Full-time students enrolled in the ELI receive 25 hours per week of instruction in reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar, and American culture.
Carson-Newman’s program is characterized by:
1. Low student/teacher ratio.
2. Personal attention.
3. Computer-assisted instruction.
4. Integrated activities with native English speakers (sports, music, clubs, and conversation partners).
5. Current instructional methods and materials.
6. Academic credit earned toward bachelor’s degree.
7. Visitation of college classes.