English schools in the USA and Canada
The Intensive English as a Language Program (IELP) is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn English to facilitate their admission to a US college or university, and to provide local and international non-English speaking adults with an opportunity to improve their English speaking skills, to become more fluent and effective communicators in English, and to be better positioned to achieve success in todayOs competitive global marketplace.
Additional goals of the program are to help students develop their English language ability to be able to undertake advanced studies/research using English as a Language, to be able to use verbal and auditory skills within an American college/university setting, to function within the American culture using English as a supportive language, to pursue further college or graduate training/studies in English, and to take and pass the TOEFL test for entrance to their selected USA college/university.
1) To help students understand and use grammatical structure through practicing new
structures in a variety of contexts.
2) To help students build vocabulary and enrich understanding of the content
while building language skills.
3) To help students have critical thinking skills through reading and writing.
4) To help students have writing skills through the process of prewriting,
organization, revising, and editing.
5) To help students develop accuracy in speaking and writing by offering them
the opportunity to speak and write about various topics.