English schools in the USA and Canada
Approach International Student Center teaches over 250 students every month from all over the world with ages ranging from 13 to 50+ years old. We thank you in advance for inquiring about our school, programs and services. Our course choices include a comprehensive ESL (English as a Second Language Program) offering 12 levels of instruction from low beginner to high advanced, Test Preparation Programs designed specifically for International students (TOEFL, GMAT, GRE and SAT) and Youth Programs for teenagers wishing to experience the American Culture while learning English.
Advanced ESL students may also choose from our specialized ESL programs. Offerings include the ESL Volunteering Experience for students wishing to volunteer at a company, the Advanced Academic Preparation for students wishing to attend classes at our partner Universities, the Test Preparation Study Group for students in need of more time and extra guidance preparing for tests such as NCLEX, MCAT, USMLE, COMLEX, and PRAXIS aside the test preparation courses offered at Approach, and the ESL Teaching Internship for teachers wishing to acquire additional teaching experience.
Approach’s ESL curriculum is correlated to the Common European framework of reference for languages – a standard for grading an individual's language proficiency around the world and our ESL levels correlate to the major proficiency tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge examinations and ITEP among others. The school is open for classes from Monday to Thursday between 9am and 8pm and Fridays until 6pm. Students can choose their own course schedules according to each program.
By working closely with international students for many years, we are able to understand what students want and need when studying abroad. You can find detailed information about all of our programs, services and community at our website: www.approachusa.com. To learn about current events you may also check our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/ApproachUSA, our you tube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/ApproachUsa and our twitter page at: https://twitter.com/Approachusa. Among many, I’d like to highlight some advantages we offer to our students:
• Excellent teachers: At Approach students will enjoy learning English from excellent native speaker teachers, all certified to teach English as a Second Language, holding Masters’ degrees in Education or Linguistics and mostly having experienced teaching abroad.
• Small Classes: The small class size at Approach assures students will have all the expert attention and intensive participation needed to learn quickly and effectively.
• Flexibility: We pride ourselves for being the only school offering flexible course options and allowing students to come in to school whenever is convenient.
• Affordability: Approach believes that students should have the chance to be financially able to complete their education. Our aim is to provide our students with a quality education at a highly affordable and competitive price. Our full time courses range from $450 to $920 per month.
• Excellent Location: Our center is located in the heart of Boston, a historic city that is uniquely American and home to many of the world’s leading colleges and universities on a walking distance from Boston University and 15 minutes from Harvard University and MIT.
• Proven success: Our courses are re-evaluated periodically and we utilize the latest technology and materials to support the program curriculum and ensure student success. Approach students take periodical in house standardized tests at no extra cost to ensure progress is also measured by an outside source.
• College advising and placement: Approach has developed partnerships with over 25 Universities around the US. Our partner Universities offer conditional acceptance to students who have completed our ESL program mostly waiving the requirement for the TOEFL or other standardized tests. Admissions offices schedule regular visits to our school to help students in choosing programs, filling out the University application and completing the application process at no extra cost.
• F1 Student advising: Approach is authorized to enroll non-immigrant students and to provide the I-20 form for the student visa application. Our International Student Advisor, help students with change of status applications, transferring in and out of Approach and answering any questions they may have pertaining to immigration issues.
• Extras at no extra cost: Upon registration, every student receives a Student ID offering discounts at local businesses. During their time at Approach, students have access to internet/ Email/ video chat, a library containing over 500 ESL leveled books, test preparation materials from leading publishers, a video library containing over 200 ESL leveled movies, a monthly calendar full of social activities, and extra help form our tutors. Upon completion of our programs, each student receives an official certificate, and a transcript along with copies of the highest standardized test score achieved while at APPROACH.