ESL Jobs in China
Date: 14 September 2018
REWARDING JOB POSITION: FULLTIME ESL TEACHER
ABIE centers offer English training courses for Chinese children as designed and directed by ABIE Headquarters. These courses are fully integrated with the current American curriculum in addition to children’s second language learning philosophies and methodologies. Moreover, they are in keeping with advances in early childhood developmental psychology. Additionally, ABIE courses combine face-to-face teaching with interactive smart board technology and online teaching to create an effective, practical, and entertaining learning environment.
ABIE presently has 380 franchised centers in over 100 cities across 27 Chinese provinces.
1. Minimum one-year contract.
2. To provide classroom instruction to 10-12 students, ages 3-12 years old, with the assistance of one local teacher. Textbooks, interactive smart boards, teaching software, and lesson plans are provided by ABIE HQ.
3. To provide high-quality professional teaching at all times.
4. To prepare and provide demonstration classes and extracurricular activities as required.
5. To administer tests as required.
6. To help students reach the level of English specified in the course learning objectives.
7. To provide academic advice and assistance to students in and out of the classroom.
8. To take an interest in, and give advice on, individual students’ progress in English.
9. To promote and maintain a pleasant, family-friendly atmosphere at all times.
10. Start date: Immediately.
Hours: 40 hours/week with a maximum of 25 teaching hours
Off days will vary by contract.
1. Native-level English required.
2. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
3. TESOL or TEFL certification preferred.
4. One to two years of English teaching experience with kindergarten and/or primary school students required.
5. Excellent communication skills, outgoing and friendly personality. Reliability and a strong worth ethic required.
6. Positivity and warm-heartedness, patience, and a love of children and teaching required.
7. Mandatory background check.
1. Salary: 12,000 RMB - 22,000 RMB
2. Accommodations: Provided. (For candidates who prefer to make their own living arrangements, a 2,000-3,000 RMB accommodation allowance may be provided in select cities.)
3. Airfare: Successful applicants traveling to China will be reimbursed for an economy class seat.
4. Transportation: Successful applicants will be met at the airport or train station.
5. Travel: Foreign employees will receive a 6,000 RMB airfare allowance upon completion of one year of full-time employment.
6. Permits: Paid residence permit and sponsored foreign expert’s teaching license.
7. Medical: Health insurance and paid medical exam every six months.
8. Holidays: Paid leaves for Christmas and all Chinese public holidays.
9. Sick Leave: Up to three days paid leave with a doctor’s certificate.
10. Annual Leave: Four days of annual leave after eleven months of full-time employment.
11. Free training and professional development.
Negotiated by contract