ESL Jobs in China
Date: 1 August 2018
English instructor, E PLUS for K-12 BFSU
II. About us:
Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU)
Beijing Foreign Studies University, or BFSU, is a prestigious Chinese university under the direct leadership of the Chinese Ministry of Education. It is one of China’s top universities listed under the Project 985 and Project 211, both comprised of China’s top universities. Founded in 1941, BFSU is one of China’s oldest language universities， teaching the largest number of languages (84 by the year 2017) and offering education at different levels in foreign languages and literature, Chinese language and literature, journalism and communication, political science, law, management science and engineering, etc. Over 400 ambassadors who work or have worked in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are BFSU alumni. “Language Education” and “Internationalization” are the DNA of BFSU.
Founded in 1979 by the Beijing Foreign Studies University, the Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press (FLTRP) has since grown into the largest foreign languages publisher and university press in China, ranking 3rd in sales turnover among all the publishing houses in China. Our publications range from academic and educational works, to humanities and social sciences, natural sciences, and to the mass reading and children’s books.
E PLUS for K-12 BFSU
Co-founded by Beijing Foreign Studies University and FLTRP in July, 2010, E-PLUS for K-12 BFSU designs a growing path for 4-18 year-olds by providing courses that build up their competence in three areas (known as the three pillars) – language studies, academic skills and social activities. It aims to prepare them to cope with a cross-cultural environment from both national and global perspectives. By the July 2018, E-PLUS for K-12 BFSU has owned 23 campuses in Beijing, 34 nationwide with more than 30,000 students and more than 60 international employees at present.
III. Job Description
1. Adhering to the mutually agreed-upon work schedule;
2. Planning daily lessons, conducting classes, delivering student assessments and communicating with parents, staff and others as appropriate;
3. Attending other events such as regular teacher training, etc.
1. Native English speakers (Working visa application required);
2. Age: 22 to 55;
3. Bachelor’s degree or above;
4. Passionate for teaching kids;
5. Willing to work on weekends
V. Salaries and Benefits
1. Legal working visa;
2. Basic salary RMB 12,500 before tax per month;
3. Transportation and lunch allowance: around RMB 500 before tax per month;
4. Free accommodation (single bedroom, shared kitchen and bathroom) or housing allowance RMB 3,500 before tax per month;
5. Round-trip flight allowance: RMB 10,000 before tax every contract year;
6. 10-day paid holiday and China’s statutory holidays;
7. Extra teaching-hour bonus: RMB 180/160/140 (in accordance with the teachers’ ranking) before tax per extra teaching hour beyond 70 monthly;
8. Allowance for teaching classes of young kids: RMB 20 before tax per teaching hour for younger stage courses;
9. 100% Transportation expense reimbursement for teaching in different campuses;
10. Medical insurance, free Chinese lessons and team building activities;
11. Free airport pick-up;
12. Bilingual teaching and daily life assistance