ESL Jobs in China
Date: 8 March 2018
Jiangsu College for International Education (JCIE), established in 2003, is owned and operated by the Jiangsu Education Services for International Exchange (JESIE), a unit of the Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education (JPDE). JCIE is the first co-educational preparatory college, officially approved by the provincial government administrative department in Jiangsu. The College consists of Academic Department, Department of Foreign Teachers Recruitment and Training Programs, Administration Office, Goethe Language Center and Sports Center. JCIE has high quality conditions for running programs and excellent Chinese and foreign teaching staff. JCIE has many partner schools all over Jiangsu Province, and promote international cooperation and curriculum development for them.
JCIE offers foundation courses to a variety of destinations including English-speaking countries: the USA, Australia, the UK and Canada and also delivers preparatory courses to non-English-speaking countries: France, Germany, Korea and Japan. The College delivers foundation courses for graduate programs with overseas universities. JCIE also provides training programs for TOEFL, IELTS, ACT and children English.
We here at JCIE value honesty, credibility and reliability. We are happy to welcome dedicated and co-operative educators, and we approach any and all issues with open minds and with unparalleled accountability. If you choose to sign on with JESIE, I can assure you that you will be joining a team of passionate, jovial educators and administrators happy to make friends. As a provincial organization, our career positions are safe and stable, and there is opportunity for advancement within the company.
With ten years experience, JCIE has developed into a comprehensive education organization combining high-end foundation education, language training, internationally recognized examination preparation and testing together with a comprehensive suite of studying abroad services. As the largest foundation college in China, JCIE provides an authoritative, safe and integrated academic pathway for students aiming to study abroad.
1) Location: NANJING, the capital city of Jiangsu Province with rich historical heritage and educational development; WUXI (a city with fast economic growth in Jiangsu Province, 1 hour from Shanghai by fast-speed train);and OTHER CITIES like Rugao, Huaiyin, etc.
2) Teach in top-rated Primary, Middle and High Schools in local areas
3) Students' Age: 7-12 (primary school);13-15 (junior high school);16-18 (senior high school)
4) ESL-related and subject curriculum and teaching material provided
5) One academic year contract
6) Monday to Friday (weekends off), 18-20 teaching hours per week, no fixed office hours
Salary and Benefits:
1) Negotiable and reasonable salary (8000 RMB/month after tax or above depending on qualifications, experience and teaching time)
2) Up to 5 weeks paid holidays (winter holiday plus other Chinese official holidays)
3) Free accommodation provided, a furnished apartment without sharing, luxury decoration
4) Up to 9000 RMB annual flight subsidy
5) Assistance provided related to work visa application
6) Comprehensive medical insurance
7) Free lunches at the school canteen
8) Ongoing training and development workshops
9) Career development opportunities
10) Airport pick-up service upon arrival
11) Assistance in arranging free Mandarin lessons
12) TEFL certification programs
13) Career development scheme
Qualifications and Requirements:
1) Native English speakers
2) Bachelor’s degree or above
3) One or two years teaching experiences or above; applicants with Education, Linguistics, Arts, Science and Math backgrounds preferred
4) The ability to obtain a clear background check
5) TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate (120 hours) is preferred
6) Enthusiastic and flexible work attitude