ESL Jobs in China
Date: 14 February 2018
Are you ready for a new and exciting opportunity to travel, explore and teach English as a foreign language? Apply to work in one of the most famous cities in the world. We currently have teaching opportunities in Hong Kong. Discover the true beauty of this cosmopolitan city whilst taking in its iconic skyline from The Peak, and exploring the city’s local street markets.
A firmly established English learning center, Monkey Tree, is looking for passionate and outgoing teachers to join the team. By incorporating play and songs into their tailor-made curriculum, their teaching philosophy is one of fun and lots of energy. You will be teaching children aged between 3-12 years old. You will teach a variety of classes ranging from beginner phonics through to spelling and grammar.
Role and Responsibilities
• Teach a diverse variety of English classes such as phonics, reading comprehension, creative writing, and grammar.
• Prepare and implement lessons, crafts, and activities
• Administer student progress reports to parents
• Organise and prepare necessary class materials (all resources provided.)
Salary and benefits:
• Salary: HK$ 23,000 - 24,000 per month
• HK$ 5 000 bonus upon completion of contract
• HK$ 5 000 will be received after the comprehensive 8-day training program
• Over time payments of HK$ 1 200 per day
• Small class sizes (4-8 children per class)
• Fully sponsored visa and assistance throughout the visa process.
• Fully prepared and tailored curriculum
• Accommodation: Optional and affordable
• Orientation information and assistance prior to arrival
• Social network connections prior and post arrival
• Opportunities for career advancement in numerous fields within the organization
• Paid training period provided on arrival.
• Placements also available Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, and Macau.
• Bachelor degree (in any discipline)
• TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (100-hour minimum)
• Native Proficiency English Speaker
• Creative, enthusiastic and a genuine love of teaching and children.