ESL Jobs in China
Date: 18 May 2018
We are currently looking for a focused, creative, and hardworking teacher. No experience is necessary. EF Baotou is quickly growing and we are looking for candidates that want to grow with us. We offer a competitive package including free housing, dental and medical insurance, and flight bonuses.
Baotou is a small city but China's standards, but with a population of over 2 million people it is far from small. A 1-hour flight (or 8-hour train) west of Beijing, Baotou is the Industrial capitol of the Inner Mongolia province. There is a thriving, ever-growing expat community that arrange several outings a month including quiz nights, cook outs, day trips, and more. The low cost of living allows for teachers to save a large amount of their salary each month.
- Receive in-house training through EF's NADP program.
- Teach students from the age of 3 - 18 using all of EF's own courses and materials, which are aligned with CEFR from age 7+.
- Class sizes maximums range depending on age from a 12 children for the younger learners to 18 for the older students.
- Each week a teacher will teach no more than 20 hours in the class. (This does not include planning time.)
- Our school will pay for new teachers to receive Cambridge's TKT Young Learner certificate. Opportunities to receive additional certification are available.
Salary and Benefits Package:
-12-month and 18-month contract available.
- Teachers with no experience receive 12,000 rmb (gross) per month.
This includes: 9,000 rmb salary, 9,000 rmb flight bonus (13,500 for 18-month contract, paid every 6 months), free apartment, medical and dental insurance, and TKT Certificate.
- Teachers with 1+ years of experience can negotiate monthly salary. The benefits package remains the same as above.
- Contract extension bonus of 3,000 rmb.
-2,000 rmb loyalty bonus for 18 month contracts (paid at end of contract).
10 Paid Vacation Days
- Candidates must be native English speakers from 1 of 7 native English speaking countries (USA, The UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand)
- Bachelor Degree (must be notarized)
- 120-hour TEFL Certificate (can receive through EF after accepting position)
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a recent photo to Jared.McKinstry@EF.com